Tuesday, August 30, 2005

On fellow bloggers

The more I read blogs, the more opinionated I get about what I like and don't like. This of course has nothing to do with the content of my blog. The standards and rules I expect others to uphold will not be applied to me.
I find that there are a lot of people who write well. That is the good part. But I don't understand this compulsive desire most have to publish their opinion of the latest book or movie. There are some who do a good job. Reviews take effort. And now a shameless plug for a friend. Payal does a very good job of reviewing books. Her review is detailed, informative and not overly opinionated. Read her Harry Potter review, and you will know what I mean.
But most others have a very shallow approach to reviewing. It is annoying, superficial and shallow and it is worse when it is done by self-important, self-indulgent bloggers.
Bottomline? Your opinion does not matter. Just as mine does not even as I write this. And it is important to know that.
It is simple. Either entertain or inform.
And this blog shall, for the next few posts, review other blogs. Hathirpithi has finally found a purpose to its life.

6 Comments:

Blogger anantha said...

hmmm....

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence!!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, may all bloggers watch-out... are you going to be tongue-lashing nasty or sugar and spice?
Navnita

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anti: Hmm right back at you :-)

Payal: Sure, I like your reviews. It seems to me that there has been a certain amount of effort thathas gone into it and as a reader I appreciate that.

Nitu: Sugar and spice would be smarter. Dont want anyone geting tongue lashing nasty with me.

8:40 AM  
Blogger anantha said...

arre, silence sucks!

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

Jaya

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home