Sunday, September 24, 2006

Bombay Local

*In Bombay, the train spits you out when it tires of you. One moment I am 20 people away from the door at a station where the train will stop for less than 90 seconds, and the next moment the crowd has somehow made a way for every single person to exit. I always have to stop, look back and watch the train pull away from the station to convince myself that, yes, I actually made it out the door to the platform. In Bombay, every day, every act is a minor miracle.

*Haven't upated my blog for ages. Intially because I was lazy and now because I have very limited access and time for things such as blogging. Which fact of course explains why I would now use my limited to update.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!! glad you're enjoying Bombay :) i love the place, too.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hOla!
Second attempt at leaving a comment. Life in Mumbai seems tough...may you should think of yourself as a potato in a half-open sack when you get on a train...

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty awful to me!! That said, you're better off in Bombay than in Delhi, I suppose!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Mellowdrama said...

hey you don't commute on a daily basis so don't crib! Where is your work place, nariman point? And your flat is in cooperage..soooo it's all good. Btw I swear by the trains however crowded the ladies still have a decent time. Ever tried the Virar - comes highly recommended - esp peak hrs ..hehe

12:17 PM  
Blogger cure for ennui said...

minor miracle...decently put :) but then its a trill of a life time!

11:14 AM  
Blogger anantha said...

Err, whats up with you.. Months gone past and no new posts!

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home